Dimensional Calibration Engineer
Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Dimensional Calibration Engineer to be based at our site in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, you will undertake calibration and measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner utilizing MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management system.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Calibration of Measuring equipment in the Trescal laboratory and on customer sites.
- To include Micrometres, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc..
- Calibration of Production Gauging – Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Calibration of specialist products (as appropriate to individual)
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on components
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification records and traceability
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available
Our ideal Calibration Engineer
- Technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC, or signatory status
- Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software
- Experience of working within Customer focused environment
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinemas, theme parks, and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Dimensional Calibration Engineer, submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to email@example.com