Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an Instrumentation Engineer based at our site in Derby.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Instrumentation Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking various calibrations both ISO9001/17025 accredited in accordance with Company Procedures, UKAS regulations, recognised specifications as well as calibrating measuring instrumentation to traceable and accredited standards.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in UKAS and customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Calibration of Temperature instrumentation (thermocouples & readouts) to in-house or National / International standards.
- Maintain the Calibration Information Database and filing system
- Maintenance of uncertainty budgets and procedures as appropriate to the task at hand.
- Handling technical enquiries and liaising with clients where necessary.
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary.
- Completing test schedules & technical reports to effect optimum efficiency of the calibration area.
- Maintain relevant records and data.
- To follow company H&S guidelines.
Our ideal Instrumentation Engineer
- Have previous experience as an Instrument Calibration Engineer and calibrating measuring instrumentation to National standards.
- Inspection or calibration experience in the manufacturing, aerospace or automotive sector
- Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Experience of working within a customer focussed environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision & manage your own workload.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Instrumentation Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as an Instrumentation Engineer, click apply and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org