Type of contractFull time
Category• Technician & Engineer, Laboratory, Management, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site/Laboratory Manager to be based at Collins Aerospace, Wolverhampton.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as the Laboratory/Site Manager, you will be responsible for the management of a customer site embedded Calibration Laboratory in accordance with Industry, Trescal, Customer and Regulatory standards. Ensuring all relevant certifications and accreditations are maintained both for Trescal and their customer.
You will be expected to manage the operational calibration and metrology activities within the Laboratory to meet both internal and external customer demands, Including, but not limited to, laboratory equipment, fixed appliances, test benches/rigs, physical, mechanical and electrical equipment/SME and air tools. You will also be required to lead, guide and mentor the multi-disciplined team as necessary in order to deliver an on time, quality assured and compliant service for our customer.
It will be your responsibility to ensure that workflow is efficient and cost effective, ensuring that KPI’s and department objectives are met. Identify and follow through Continuous Improvement opportunities in operations, procedures and safety.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Ensure department compliance with customer and company safety and quality policies and procedures
- Maintain department accreditation and appropriate levels of signatory resilience (UKAS)
- Promote a positive culture of Continuous Improvement throughout the team
- Develop and maintain production processes and automation opportunities
- Ensure the Department is correctly equipped, resourced, trained and developed (through ongoing evaluation and appraisal)
- Prepare department planning requirements, monitor and report progress against agreed KPIs including but not limited to costs, TAT, external sub-contracting, complaint/enquiry resolution, resource utilisation and overtime
- Allocate and schedule workflow activity in accordance with customer and company expectations
- Ensure relevant workflow and administrative documentation is correctly controlled and maintained
- Control primary standards, prepare and submit uncertainty budgets and best measurement capabilities. Maintain appropriate traceability and serviceability of all laboratory equipment to ensure the best possible uptime for operational requirements
- Support teams’ daily routine when workload requires
- Participate in UKAS, Customer, Company and Regulatory audits (e.g. Nadcap, BSI, EASA etc.)
- Participate and contribute to relevant management and customer meetings
- Ensure that Customer and Supplier enquiries are satisfactorily managed, resolved and closed within agreed timescales
- When required, monitor performance of Suppliers in accordance with Company procedures
- Where required, support the planning and provision of Site and Regional Sales Strategies and Future Business Initiatives
- Directly support the BU Operations Manager
- Provide support to other Collins sites where required. –
- Day to day liaison with the customer for effective day to day operations
- Budgetary control and quotations
- Producing weekly/monthly reports
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given
Our ideal Instrumentation Engineer
- A formal Technical qualification such as Degree, HND, HNC
- Knowledge of Calibration and UKAS accreditation
- IOSH Safety Management (or working towards)
- Experience of implementing Continuous Improvement, Change and Performance Management.
- Experience to mentor and ability to coach colleagues.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all appropriate Company, Customer and Supplier stakeholders
- Proactive approach towards key decisions for the Company in accordance with UK strategy
- Good understanding of Windows-based and laboratory automation software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as an Site/Laboratory Manager, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan, and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinemas, theme parks, and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.
Interested in joining the team?
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a Site/Laboratory Manager, submit your CV by clicking apply and emailing it to email@example.com