Technical Expert – Dimensional
Type of contractFull time
Career levelEntry Level
Category• Technician & Engineer, Quality, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Expert – Dimensional Engineer to join our team. The location is flexible across the UK.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer you will part of the UK technical team. You will assist the UK Technical Manager and other team members to maintain and improve our dimensional calibration capability and UKAS accreditation throughout the UK from a know how perspective.
You will ensure that calibration is performed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 17025 and other required standards in all laboratories, developing and harmonising procedures and uncertainty budgets to support these activities.
You will also assist with the day to day technical projects and innovations such as automation, technical capability improvements, extension to scope of accreditation etc. to facilitate growth and development of the UK business in line with market and customer requirements.
Your key tasks will include:
- Be the technical authority and key point of contact for all dimensional calibration activities and enquiries.
- Review our technical capabilities in the UK to ensure that we maximize our accuracy, capability and efficiency for the benefit of the customer and the UK business.
- Develop and maintain both automated and manual calibration test procedures and result recording capabilities across the business in line with customer, OEM and UKAS requirements.
- Assist with lab by lab assessments to understand, recommend and implement improvements in automation and technique, identifying the cost implications/benefits and associated project timescales.
- Provide support to laboratory, branch & technical managers to ensure compliance to UKAS requirements, including maintenance of procedures, budgets and uncertainties and resolution of improvement actions.
- Visit all UK laboratories upon request or at least once annually to understand any technical issues which the laboratory or branch managers may have and assist them in the creation of action plans and solutions to resolve.
- Provision of reports and analysis on all technical matters for the UK Technical Manager as well as the UK General Manager and Exec committee.
- Provide training in technical related activities as may be appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to the support function staff in responding to technical queries when required.
Our ideal Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer
- Be able to demonstrate extensive experience and competence in Dimensional calibration
- Must have held senior role within an Accredited dimensional laboratory –as head of lab, lab manager, operations manager, assessor etc.
- UKAS signatory in multiple dimensional parameters
- Proven experience of understanding and delivering to targets is essential
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills with verbal, written persuasion and presentation skills, and be detail orientated
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with all internal departments and the management team
- Must be able to operate independently in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Be willing to travel across the UK on a regular basis and intercountry on an occasional basis
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications – outlook, excel & word in particular
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Technical Expert Dimensional Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Medical Health Cash Plan and access to the Trescal PerksHub with discounts on major retail outlets, restaurants, cinema, theme parks and more.
At Trescal, every employee is the owner of their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer ongoing development, training courses and opportunities to gain external qualifications.